Pages

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Business plan or not is not a question: Why is it in the end only to the people

Ormalerweise it goes with me on Twitter peacefully. Tuesday this week but I had my first Twitter dispute: an Austrian consultant named Tom Thaler. It was about my last week in Vienna Business Journal published statement that the current business planning I often wrong and sometimes even think braking.
In the context of my book "The Slow Grow" principle it is clear that I do not advise this statement on the so-called "new self-employed", ergo the creative industries and in no way relate the arithmetic. I feel the consequence of a greater emphasis on practice and a sustainable, equitable personality formation. That's what I call planning practice in the book, explained in more detail here at X-Change. I also differs significantly between the (predictable) bicycle rental and especially numerically only partly predictable Speaker career or other activities in the quaternary sector, for which there are no studies and for which there is this due to high degree of specialization do not even can. Mr. Thaler indignant over my statement, because he has been my experience that most businesses fail because of their messy calculations and financial aspects of repression.
Now what?
All good. We talked by phone and I'll send him my book. Mr. Thaler, who obviously has several separate companies and the consulting firm operates in parallel indicates bankruptcies and bad consequences of poor or lack of financial planning. Natural: In such a critical phase is personality - the key factor in my book - first of all not very important. One may think of the Maslow's hierarchy of needs, what you want. It is true that basic existential needs access if emergency is in the till.
The path of the personality, especially about motivations, however, allows only access to understanding the new self-employed: You do not build their projects on a financial emergency, and usually with limited risk. Your focus is not on linear growth, they can and want to afford some unwise business decisions.
In my book, gives a musician and producer Fadi Karnaby that his company is in the business sense only limited success. An entrepreneur of my acquaintance with 10 staff proposes the advice of his accountant, but the jobs to convert into professional activities, in order to increase profit in the wind, because it extends the income from his life to the GmbH. More he did not need. And the staff, he would rather have the security of a permanent position as an uncertain false self.
Also, I was acting in full possession of my mental powers economically wrong: Without office staff and I could save a lot of money. Would I replace my individual counseling by ready-made and standard counseling and / or to enroll in the GSA and now hoof it through conference rooms, my profit would be higher perhaps than he is. I want to, not because my motivation is different: I want to give impetus, process support, performance look, learn from it if something goes wrong, enhance my skills rather than narrow it, etc. That is not possible when the same seminar thousands of leads and rarely sees the implementation in practice and supported. It is (in my opinion) is "only" economically sensible but does not correspond to my idea of ​​meaning. My accountant is one who understands something - and cause for alarm is not beating, because I rely on several different areas and so probably better than most stand there with a concentration strategy.
Mr. Thaler says, when people were there, it must be acknowledged and tough to calculate. Because he's right. I think it's also, of course, are the basics that neither me nor must explain to my clients. Smiling, he points out that the author had the said article in the business paper studied art history. Smiling, I submit that some Geisteswissenschaflter more economic expertise than some business students. And sometimes things in life skills even in advantage. Furthermore, I contend that you can learn everything.
I suspect, Mr. Thaler and I live a little in different worlds, even if we share social media. These worlds produce different experiences and different people also shape images. In my world live appreciated by many people own initiative, the momentum, motivation, or experiential knowledge. In my world it works the way I describe it.
I know sections of the world by Mr. Thaler and I can imagine how this is different. Since there are long-standing entrepreneurs who simply put a couple of times Milliönchen in the sand (the reason is not often in personal?). Since there are naive founders who want to raise unrealistic projects and excuse me, but sometimes a little act really stupid. I did many years ago and sniffed the air once and get an idea of ​​how many tick the less self-reflective contemporaries, who obviously must be financially and otherwise "out". This benefit, by the way, but neither of them, if they work out with the help of a consultant's financial plans.
You will benefit far more if you develop your personality first time. Happy to discuss ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment